Friday, February 4, 2011

Regina King Covers H.A.S. Magazine


Actress Regina King covers the latest issue of “H.A.S” magazine (Hip.Artistic.Stylish).
Inside,she speaks... Check out her words below:

On the misrepresentation in television and film
I have an awesome team that doesn’t see me as just a black actress, but there is a lack of representation of TV. It does not mirror real life. Life is a lot more colorful than we see on TV.

Clearing up the rumors on interracial dating
I never wrote an open letter to Black women that said they should date outside of their race. I was doing an interview about The Boondocks and the question was why the ratio of single black women to men was so high. I answered that people should date whoever makes their toes curl, even if that includes looking outside of your race.

On The Boondocks + Art vs. Censorship
People always told me that I should do voices. My agent told me about the audition for The Boondocks and really thought I should do it. I auditioned for Huey first and ended up doing both Riley and Huey.

It’s actually pretty easy because I have a young son at home so I’m living it. I definitely think it’s a show for adults but its about art vs. censorship. It has to be responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment